Some of the junior children at Lake Tekapo School, in the South Island of New Zealand, have sent their Flat Stanley’s on an adventure to Indonesia. Their class is learning about different cultures and their Stanleys are going to help out by sharing their experiences in Indonesia and maybe other destinations.

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Gili Meno, Lombok, Indonesia



From Gili Air the Stanleys and I took a boat to Gili Meno, the smallest and quietest of the three islands.


Arriving at Gili Meno

Still no motorbikes or cars here




There are lots of places to eat on the beach.



Visiting the Turtle Sanctuary






The Stanleys helped me donate some money to the turtle sanctuary
Snorkeling Gili Meno

I didn't take the Stanleys with me but I saw some turtles and lots of colourful fish.



These are the boats used to transport people between islands.






Every morning the streets are swept. The beach gets raked to clean it up after the high tide leaves rubbish behind.

Local ladies are collecting food for dinner while their children play in the sea.



Gili Meno Bird Sanctuary

I could hear lots of birds singing but I didn't see many. I did see LOTS of BIG spiders though.
Watch the video to see the lake, some birds, spiders and some little fish. Listen carefully for the birds. They are there somewhere.












There are lots of cats in the Gilis and none of them have long tails like our ones in New Zealand.

Goodbye Gili Islands!

Leaving Gili Meno

The boat we took back to Bali

No comments:

Post a Comment